Wells-next-the-Sea is ideally situated offering you a wealth of activities to participate in as well as places of historical importance to visit. Places of interest to you include :
- The birth-place of Lord Nelson at the nearby Burnham's.
- National Trust properties
- The Palladian mansion of Holkham Hall and its deer park.
- The pilgrimage centre of Little Walsingham
- The Wells and Walsingham light railway
- The extensive ruins of the 12th century Benedictine priory at Binham
- Holt, one of the country's best preserved Georgian market towns
- Leisure and fitness centre. The Splash Leisure complex at Sheringham has a heated wave pool.
- Holkham beach with breathtaking panoramic views
- Pretty stilt-high beach huts at Wells
- North-Norfolk RSPB birdwatching sites at Cley, Titchwell, Snettisham and Holkham Nature Reserve.
- The Pensthorpe Nature Reserve and Gardens, located just outside Fakenham and home to the BBC's highly popular 'Springwatch' in recent years.
- Peddars Way walking
Local Activities include :
Boating, bowls, birdwatching, canoeing, cycling, golf, horse-riding, sailing (and sailing club), swimming, tennis, tenpin bowling, water skiing, wind-surfing. rambling.
Here are some useful links about the area :